Alcohol Facts
Alcohol Effects
Outpatient Treatment
Alcohol Dependency
Alcohol Poisoning Treatment & Diagnosis

Alcohol Poisoning Treatment & Diagnosis

How To Give Up Alcohol

Find out how a former problem drinker managed against all the odds to overcome his problem drinking forever. A Must Read! Check it out now!

Alcohol poisoning can result when excessive amounts of alcohol are consumed, which often causes a depression or a discontinuance of nerve cells that control breathing and the gag reflex that prevents choking. If this illness is suspected, alcohol poisoning treatment must be administered in order to prevent irreversible brain damage or possibly even death.

Before alcohol poisoning treatment can be sought, individuals must become familiar with the warning signs. Vomiting, confusion, passing out or the inability to awaken and seizures are all signs that alcohol poisoning treatment may be needed. In addition, slow or irregular breathing, low body temperature and pale or bluish skin are also indicators that alcohol poisoning treatment should be sought immediately.

Many do not realize this, but the level of alcohol in the blood continues to rise even after an individual stops drinking. In reality, it takes 30 to 90 minutes for alcohol to make it's way into the bloodstream, circulate throughout the body and achieve full intoxication. If excessive alcohol is consumed, including the act of binge drinking, there is a good possibility that alcohol poisoning treatment will be needed if any of the aforementioned symptoms present themselves.

It is important to realize that, unlike a hangover, nothing will help alcohol poisoning. Neither coffee, sleeping it off or other remedy will be an effective alcohol poisoning treatment. In fact, the only alcohol poisoning treatment that can help to save a life will be administered at the local emergency room. Immediate alcohol poisoning treatment is needed if an individual shows any sign or symptom of this illness.

Alcohol poisoning may also occur in other situations, which include the use of alcohol with certain medications and if certain illnesses are present. The best way to prevent the need for alcohol poisoning treatment is to avoid alcohol poisoning itself. By avoiding situations where alcohol is present or the pressure to drink is high, individuals will eliminate their risk of alcohol poisoning and any other problem that may be associated with it's consumption.

This article is to be used for informational purposes only. The information contained herein is not intended to be used in place of, or in conjunction with, professional medical advice or recommendations regarding alcohol poisoning treatment. Before deciding on the most effective method of treatment, the patient must consult a licensed medical doctor for advice and/or to determine the best course of action for his/her individual situation.

How To Permanently End An Alcohol Problem

As an EX-alcoholic user (no longer a "recovering" one for 24 years now after 18 years of use), I'm happy to present here the method that accomplished that for me and that I guarantee will also work for you. Check it out now!

  Alcohol Poisoning Treatment : Copyright 2006-2008 All rights reserved.